1. One day I wake up smiling,
the other I arouse scowling.
Should I feel guilty;
should I say nay;
should I stay away?
But beaming so hard,
and beating so fast,
thy heart feels.
Something.
Oh yes it feels.
the other I arouse scowling.
Should I feel guilty;
should I say nay;
should I stay away?
But beaming so hard,
and beating so fast,
thy heart feels.
Something.
Oh yes it feels.
2. So I have a dream.
A dream that goes far
beyond the horizon
beyond the continents
beyond the seas.
Can't you see and smile for me?
beyond the horizon
beyond the continents
beyond the seas.
Can't you see and smile for me?
Will you notice and smile with me?
3. Despicable are my actions,
ugly are my thoughts
void are my promises.
But can you blame
a heart so weak, a life so broken
a hole so empty?
ugly are my thoughts
void are my promises.
But can you blame
a heart so weak, a life so broken
a hole so empty?
. . . into thinking that this is poetry or lyrical thoughts of any sort. It's a shameful jumble of thoughts hiding behind a guise so decent that you could be fooled. I have attempted (and failed) myriads of times at writing verse and have resigned to the fact that I can't write poetry for peanuts!
Yes, laugh and be merry,
oh this poem sucks don't worry! ; )
oh this poem sucks don't worry! ; )
4 comments:
u shud bangga babe u can actually make it rhyme!
trust me, i tried so many times and often end up embarassing myself :P
i thought it was just me having that 'shakespeare' in me whenever i get all emo-ey and mellow.
looks like i found another shakespeare right here;)
n_zahira@hotmail.com
add makcik. we shud catch up! haha
x!
"...I can't write poetry for peanuts!" - but you just have! Pretty good ones too.
i've got really good friends that lie to me=) hahaha. wow, thanks you guys, but are you kidding me? that's not real poetry.
Zyra: Added already. Nanti accept tau=) yes, I have been harboring some thoughts and I wanted to let off steam. I admire people who can write good poems, I really can't!
The Keen Observer: thank you for the encouraging comment, but you wouldn't believe how many times I laugh at my own verses. And I read your works and just cant help but shake my head at how people can write beautiful poems. Ayesha writes really good ones too=)
Poetry thrives on and is fueled by emotions... Try letting off steam through poetry rather than long paragraphs - who knows, you might surprise yourself ;)
Post a Comment