"Or we might talk about the other great nemesis of the bathroom cleaner--pubic hair. I don't know what it is about the upper American class, but they seem to be shedding their pubic hair at an alarming rate. You find it in quantity in shower stalls, bathtubs, Jacuzzis, drains, and even, unaccountably, in sinks. I once spent fifteen minutes crouching in a huge four-person Jacuzzi, maddened by the effort of finding the dark little coils camouflaged against the egg-plant colored ceramic background but fascinated by the image of the pubes of the economic elite, which must by this time be completely bald".Loving this witty excerpt read for one of my favorite classes so far. Enjoying my Macroeconomic class' emphasis on the government and welfare. Hating the grades and time-consuming problem sets due almost every day of the week (but what else is new?). A liberal arts education doesn't get any better than this when it gives you a full spectrum of emotional flavors.
-Barbara Ehrenreich, Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By In America.
The angst of securing a summer internship kicks in, due to impending travel to South Africa in January. Not to mention the strain of living up to the gloating statements I made about not returning home for next summer.
Tears have been shed over personal matters (notwithstanding the fact that the event also occurs once in 30 days, as some acquainted readers would know). But life goes on, this time with the new Macbook soon to be in my possession. I was told by one good friend that "Once [I] go Mac, [I] never go back". This is too sexciting, after 7 weeks of living live without the desirable convenience of working wireless, whenever and wherever I please.
A jump for joy is in line, even if the struggle out of loneliness and proving myself worthy of the rigorous academic life never ends.
Oh, and you noticed? Yeah, I changed my blog layout, for the millionth time, I know.
3 comments:
I LOVE this layout!
i love this layout too. ive been meaning to change mine for soooo long but never bothered enough. anyways pubs hair everywhere? ewwww i dont know why i tiba2 teringat gossip girl. random. anyways (yeah i asyik anyways je xleh nak ubah), "once u go mac, u never go back" HAHAH thats a good one. well, kinda true though. and ure getting the new mac? good fer u then :)
I love this too babe :) very the nice.
Post a Comment