Sunday, November 8, 2009

Bopping to BEP, Finally


You may have seen this video on YouTube or Facebook, but I'm putting it here just to remind myself how lucky I am to be given the chance to study abroad, namely in Chicago, The Windy City. You should know that when my brother alerted me about the video this summer when we were lazing about and stalking people on Facebook, I had tears in my eyes. Tears of what? Of joy, of pride, of exuberance, of giddiness, of sadness that I missed it all . . . I don't know.

Although I bitch about the academic integrity, The Life of The Mind and the load of crap my school prides itself on, I am here, aren't I? I'm learning from the best set of educators, working alongside the creme de la creme from the world and over, and I'm living in a great metropolitan that offers me a wider perspective on what is the world. There is something exclusively awesome about getting the chance to be in Chicago, and I can't quite express it in words.

All I have to do is suck it up, hold my head up high, and make the most of my time here, not just thinking about making  the most of my time here.

p/s: I realized my past two entries have been centered around sourness, and I don't even recognize my usually chirpy (albeit annoying) self. I must have sounded unlike the happy-go-lucky person you think you know. But there you go, I guess there is more to me than the smile plastered on my face. But we all have our ups and downs, and I hope you don't mind me dwelling on my such phases.

The morale uplift I get from expressing my thoughts (even if it's a tenth of what I feel, and two-thirds of what I really mean) helps, and your readership keeps me alive and wanting to write, eventhough I don't write as often. Thanks!

3 comments:

anisizatyA.J said...

yeah, make the most of your time, be positive, hehe. and btw, whats MATLAB? (random, i know)

njahmat said...

anisizaty, MATLAB is a programming language. Basically, a software yang you type in some crazy commands to help you solve matrix problems, plot graphs, anything and everything.

It requires a very meticulous eye and is absolutely horrendous. But you can just type help and a help tab will come on, and you can actually see some formulas and commands on there.

But for higher level classes, sometimes I guess people write/invent their own commands on Matlab. Nak mampus agaknya, hahaha.

I, for one, kurang bijak MATLAB=)

anisizatyA.J said...

wahh.thankies. so its a software that u give commands to settle stuffs off. hahaha kinda weird to be named MATLAB though. but still, cool :)

Post a Comment